LGBTQ Public Charge Comment Party
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 from 6–7:30 p.m.
- Where: Trans Wellness Center, 3055 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles
- What: This event will provide an opportunity to learn about how the proposed Public Charge Rule directly affects our communities and how you can join other LGBTQ advocates in fighting back.
- Why: The Trump Administration proposed a change to the Public Charge rule that would put the health and well-being of immigrant communities at risk, including LGBTQ immigrants. This proposal seeks to instill fear and discourage immigrant communities from seeking programs that support their basic needs.
“A NIGHT OF REMEMBRANCE” for World AIDS Day
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 from 6 – 10 p.m.
- Where: AltaMed Youth and Senior Care Management, Los Angeles
- What: To commemorate the 30th annual World AIDS Day, AltaMed Health Services, one of Southern California’s largest providers of HIV/AIDS services, will host “A Night of Remembrance,” a free event to celebrate the lives of those who lost the battle to AIDS and improve awareness for HIV prevention.
- Why: For nearly 30 years, AltaMed regularly hosts outreach events to improve education on safe sex practices to reduce HIV infection in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
PokemonGo: Gay Long Beach
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Archibalds, 4600 E. 2nd Street, Long Beach
- What: PokemonGo meet up for gays of Long Beach
- Why: Hobbies besides drinking with your queer friends are nice too.
Palm Springs Festival of Lights Parade
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 5:45-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs
- What: Join the Palm Springs Gay Men’s Chorus as they guide the largest balloon in the Palm Springs Festival of Lights Parade
- Why: What better way to enjoy a light festival than with your friends at the Gay Men’s Chorus?
Queers, Coffee & Donuts Happy Holi-gays!
- When: Sunday, Dec. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Cuties Coffee, 710 N. Heliotrope Dr., Los Angeles
- What: Fill up on time with your QT frens and fam just in time for the Holi-gays with holiday-themed crafts, warming beverages and your favorite delicious donuts.
- Why: cuties is all about you making connections whether that’s with new friends, lovers, collaborators, roommates, bike riding buddies… so many possibilities!
It’s a Drag to Give
- When: Friday, Dec. 7 from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Where: Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center
- What: This special, one-night performance brings together the community for an unforgettable night of drag to support the important work of four local Long Beach, CA nonprofits
- Why: All proceeds go directly to Beacon for Him, The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach, Long Beach Immigrant Rights Coalition, and WomenShelter of Long Beach