- When: Friday, May 3 at 9 p.m.
Gay Asstrology Dance Party – One Year Anniversary Party
- Where: The Satellite, Silverlake
- What: Gay Asstrology is an LGBTQIA+ Dance Party at The Satellite in Silverlake, CA. Surround yourself with Queer Energy, Community, and Astrology!
- Why: It’s Taurus Season and we are here to Celebrate! If you’re a Taurus (April 20 – May 20) you Get in Free All Night!
CINCO DE MAYO THEMED LGBTQ SALSA/BACHATA DANCE SOCIAL
- When: Saturday, May 4 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Where: Lumina Academy of Dance, Pasadena
- What: Join us for our Cinco de Mayo themed salsa/bachata dance party. Aside from lots of dancing and tons of fun, we’ll be serving margaritas & chips (as long as supplies last)! Cheers!
- Why: As always, there will be a free dance class at 9 pm. Feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks/booze. There will be dancing all night long to the best salsa and bachata music. All levels are welcome. You can be a beginner or expert dancers. We are all there to have a good time.
Varsity Gay League LB Spring Kickball
- When: Sunday, May 5 at 12 p.m.
- Where: TBD
- What: 8 week LGBTQ+ Kickball league in Long Beach
- Why: Weekly post game party @ The Silver Fox with Cheap Drinks & FREE FOOD for all!
Trans* Resume Workshop
- When: Friday, May 10 from 12:30-3 p.m.
- Where: St John’s We;; Child and Family Center, Los Angeles
- What: Pete Bueza, SVP of Human Resources at Bank of America, will walk you through how to recreate the best resume to have employers KNOCKING DOWN THE DOOR to meet you.
- Why: One-on-one resume coaching with industry professionals!
Family & Teen Pride Picnic
- When: Saturday, May 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Park, Long Beach
- What: Kick Off Long Beach Pride Week with a free family-inclusive picnic!
- We’ll have food, games, storytime for children, art & crafts, and teen-specific activities!
- Why: A family-friendly event where you can celebrate Pride with your loved ones!
PFLAG Support Meeting in Westwood
- When: Wednesday, May 15 from 7:30-10 p.m.
- Where: Westwood United Methodist Church, L.A.
- What: Guest Speaker series with Lauren Sleator on the “invisible majority”
- Why: In the LGBTQ community, bisexual individuals are the group most often left out. They There seems to be an implicit assumption that because they are attracted to the opposite (or all) genders, they are not REALLY gay or trans. They don’t really seem to fit.