Closing Weekend: “Members Only”
- When: Now through November 18
- Where: Los Angeles Theatre Center
- What: “Members Only” is a play about an America of color forging racial and sexual identities to the pulsating beat of Willie Colon and Blondie, on the cusp of discovery, at the edge of a plague.
- Why: “Members Only” is the the long-awaited sequel to the ground breaking BLADE TO THE HEAT, 20 years later
We Will not be Silenced!
- When: Friday, Nov. 16 from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Where: 2936 W. 8th St., Los Angeles
- What: A Trans Day of Remembrance remembering that our community is one of power and strength.
- Why: a night of solidarity where we will discuss topics centered around trans issues like police incarceration and what that means for our struggle.
Trans Day of Remembrance Shabbat
- When: Friday, Nov. 16 from 8 – 10 p.m.
- Where: Congregation Kol Ami, West Hollywood
- What: annual Shabbat obeserving Transgender Day of Remembrance with special guest speaker Eli Mendelson and the Trans Chorus of Los Angeles
- Why: Spend a day of remembrance with your community and support group
Palm Springs Trans Day of Remembrance
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 20 from 3 – 6 p.m.
- Where: Palm Springs city Hall
- What: Transgender Day of Remembrance vigil (TDoR) is held annually on November 20th to bring needed education to Transgender, Intersex, Gender Non-Conforming and Non-Binary inequality and violence.
- Why: Raise awareness and funds for the new Transgender Health and Wellness Center
West Hollywood Transgender Day of Remembrance
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 20 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: The Jeremy Hotel, West Hollywood
- What: On and around November 20th across the world, people gather in solidarity to mourn those who have been victims of anti-trans violence, and to ensure that their lives, and deaths, are not forgotten. Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Why: This allows us to call attention to the continued violence and discrimination transgender people face every day.
LGBTQ Center of Long Beach’s Transgender Day of Remembrance
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Harvey Milk Promenade Park, Long Beach
- What: Join The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach, HRC OC/LB/PS, Councilwoman Lena Gonzalez, for the annual Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR). Join us as we stand in solidarity and honor the resiliency of our trans community.
- Why: TDoR was created to memorialize those who are killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.
Long Beach LGBTQ Center Thanksgiving
- When: Thursday, Nov. 22 from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Where: LGBTQ Center of Long Beach
- What: Join the Center staff, volunteers, and family at our annual Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Why: We, as a queer community, are fortunate to choose our own family. We are all family here. Let’s celebrate as one!
Unique Women’s Coalition Transgiving
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 21 from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Where: L.A. Celebrations Banquet Halls
- What: A Thanksgiving Celebration with the local Transgender community
- Why: The Queer community often have to choose their family, and during the holidays is no exception.