Queer Trans APIs & Allies Chinese New Year
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Where: 320 W. Temple St., Los Angeles
- What: Walk with Queer Trans APIs & Allies at the Chinese New Year Parade
- Why: Queer the New Year with us! Let’s welcome the Year of the Pig at the 2019 Golden Dragon Parade and show off how beautiful and powerful our Queer Trans Asian Pacific Islanders (QTAPI) community and loving allies are at Chinatown’s largest celebration!
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 12 from 7–10 p.m.
- Where: Doheny Room, West Hollywood
- What: Join the Outfest Women’s Committee for a Galentine’s Day Party! Grab your Galentine and enjoy a complimentary drink, great raffle prizes, and special guests. A celebrity MC will host the evening followed by an intimate performance by Stephanie Rice (The Voice). This will be a night to remember!
- Why: A Fun, Valentines Day themed event for friends and lovers alike!
Trans Interview Skills Workshop
- When: Friday, Feb. 15 from 1–4 p.m.
- Where: St. John’s We;; Child and Family Center, Los Angeles
- What: Peter Bueza, SVP of Human Resources at Bank of America will walk guests through The Art of The Interview.
- Why: Finding jobs as an out transgender person can be tough. Let this workshop teach you skills to perfect your interviewing.
L.A. Pride Rainbow Skate Night
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 20 from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Where: Moonlight Rollerway, Glendale
- What: Join LA Pride and the LGBTQI Community in a fun night of Roller Skating. All ages welcome. 8-11pm. $16 INCLUDES skate rental.
- Why: A night of wheels and rainbows? We’re in!
Studio 54 – Film and Q&A
- When: Thursday, Feb. 21 from 7:30 – 11:30 p.m.
- Where: Art Theatre, Long Beach
- What: A special screening of Studio 54, featuring a live Q&A with the Director Matt Tyrnauer!
- Why: Studio 54 was the epicenter of ’70s hedonism—a monumental magnet for beautiful stars, casual sex, and mounds of cocaine, a den of excess that defined its own rules and enshrined the ostracized, queer, and fabulous. Matt Tyrnauer chronicles the rise and fall of this nightclub’s founders: two best friends from Brooklyn, Ian Schrager and Steve Rubell, who conquered New York City only to have it crumble before their eyes.