Transgender Resume Quickshop
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 2-4 p.m.
- Where: Trans Wellness Center, Los Angeles
- What: It is specifically geared toward the trans community in preparation for the TEEP job fair on Thursday, November 8.
- Why: Because in Trump’s America, there is no such thing as job security.
Los Angeles March for Trans & GNC Rights
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 4-10 p.m.
- Where: Pershing Square Park, DTLA
- What: From micro-aggressions to murder, to be trans, gender nonconforming, or non-binary is to walk into the mouth of violence every morning and hope it will not swallow us whole.
- Why: To recognize the necessity for trans rights and protections.
Palm Springs Pride Run & Walk 5K
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 8-11 a.m.
- Where: Palm Springs
- What: The Palm Springs Pride Run & Walk is a 5K race through the beautiful and historic neighborhood of Old Las Palmas
- Why: Proceeds from the Palm Springs Pride Run & Walk benefit The LGBT Community Center of The Desert.
LBGLCC November Luncheon: LGBT Certification & the Opportunities Ahead
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 11:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: King’s Fish House, Long Beach
- What: How to get certified, how to promote your business, and how to find contracting opportunities.
- Why: Boost the Pink Dollars!
LGBTQ Family Building Seminar
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 7-9 p.m.
- Where: Andaz West Hollywood
- What: Join fertility doctor Guy Ringler, M.D., from California Fertility Partners, for a free seminar on fertility and surrogacy family-building options for LGBTQ people and same-sex couples.
- Why: Because Family building can be tough
Transgender an Non-binary Job and Resources Fair
- When: Thursday, Nov. 8 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: West Hollywood Park
- What: Los Angeles LGBT Center’s Transgender Economic Empowerment Project (TEEP), along with the project’s community partner City of West Hollywood, is hosting the job and resources fair that is specifically tailored for trans and non-binary people
- Why: transgender people face an unemployment rate three times higher than the average rate in the United States
AIDS Walk Long Beach
- When: Sunday, Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Alfredo’s Beach Club, Long Beach
- What: Each year AIDS Walk Long Beach supports local organizations that provide much needed services to people living with HIV. St. Mary CARE Center is a beneficiary of AIDS Walk.
- Why: Each walker who registers is encouraged to raise awareness and money towards our collective goal.