Everyone has a story, and the Pride L.A. wants to hear yours.
With National Coming Out Day right around the corner (Thursday, Oct. 11), the Pride L.A. wants to share your coming out stories for our National Coming Out Day Feature!
This year marks the 30th anniversary of National Coming Out Day, taking place on the anniversary of the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights. The holiday is observed to celebrate and raise awareness about the LGBTQ+ community and civil rights movement. Though coming out is less risky in recent years, it is still crucial step toward LGBTQ+ equality. It promotes visibility and representation in mainstream media, according to the Human Rights Campaign.
Submissions: For those interested in participating in the Pride L.A. National Coming Out Day Feature, please follow the instructions below.
- Deadline: submit all entries by Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 10 a.m. No Exceptions.
- Length: All entries must be 100-300 words long
- Visuals: Please provide one photo from around the age you came out and one present day photo
- Details: List first name, current age, current city of residence and roughly the age/year you came out
- Send it: Please send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- File formats accepted: word doc, RTD, Google Doc, PDF, jpeg, png
For more information, please email the Pride L.A. at email@example.com or call 310.310.2637 ext. 105