The City’s Most Beloved Celebration of Halloween Has Not Been Forgotten
By Dolores Quintana
West Hollywood’s most spooktacular night, the Halloween Carnaval, makes a thrilling return on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM. The event will take place on Santa Monica Boulevard, spanning a one-mile stretch between N. Doheny Drive and N. La Cienega Boulevard.
Located on Santa Monica Boulevard/Historic Route 66, this Halloween Carnaval promises an unforgettable experience. The event features a live DJ set, tantalizing food trucks, and an array of Halloween enthusiasts donning their most creative costumes.
In addition to the main event, numerous businesses, bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues throughout the city will be hosting Halloween celebrations.
To enhance the Halloween spirit, the City encourages all Carnaval attendees to share their costume photos on social media using the hashtag #wehohalloween.
Safety is paramount, and attendees are reminded to adhere to important guidelines:
- No alcohol or public drinking is permitted.
- Bags like backpacks, camera cases, and tote bags won’t be allowed (clear plastic bags are an exception).
- Weapons, fireworks, and drones will not be tolerated.
- For the safety of children and pets, their attendance is discouraged.
Carnaval-goers are encouraged to remain vigilant and promptly report any suspicious activity (If You See Something, Say Something).
To accommodate the event, several closures and impacts will occur at West Hollywood Park:
- West Hollywood Park will be closed from 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, through 7 a.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
- The small and large dog parks and basketball courts at West Hollywood Park will be closed from 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, through 7 a.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
- The West Hollywood Park Five-Story Parking Structure will remain closed all day on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, reopening on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, at 7 a.m.
Please note the following street closures associated with the Halloween Carnaval:
- N. San Vicente Boulevard between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue will be closed from 12:01 a.m. on October 31, 2023, until no later than 7 a.m. on November 1, 2023. Additionally, all alleyways between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Avenue will be closed during the same timeframe.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between N. Croft Avenue/Holloway Drive and N. Doheny Drive will be closed from 10 a.m. on October 31, 2023, through 6 a.m. on November 1, 2023.
- La Cienega Boulevard between Holloway Drive and Willoughby Avenue will be closed from 10 a.m. on October 31, 2023, until 6 a.m. on November 1, 2023.
- Other street closures include N. Robertson Boulevard, N. La Peer Drive, N. Almont Drive, and Sunset Boulevard.
Please be aware that the City will lift residential permit parking citywide between 11 a.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, and 12 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
For further information on local and Cityline Commuter service, visit www.weho.org/halloween. The West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval is a free event open to all, although it is advisable for children and pets to stay away due to the expected dense crowds.