Every canine has a specific character. Dogs remain to be the most sought-after pets in the US. In 2017, there were about 89.7 million canines.
Each year about 670,000 furry friends get sold to new owners. The boxer dog remains to be one of the most dangerous breeds in the US.
The following is what you did not know about the canine. You can visit holistapet for more details.
They Are Very Old
The first boxer breed got reported to be around Ancient Assyria in 2000 BC. During that hunting and gathering era, they got used to maim enemies. It had familiar types like the mastiff and the bulldog that aided during the excursion.
This particular canine also secured many homes during that era. You would find it at the entry point of the villages, where its bark symbolized a premonition.
They later came to the European hemisphere in the 19th century due to migration. Georg Alt was a German who contributed to its current popularity. He bred it with other types and made its function stand out.
- They came into America in Late.
Although they have a deep history, it was only until the 1930s that they got introduced into the US market. These canines got used in the first world war mainly due to their macho. Some of its roles in the fight include
- Serving as Messengers between distanced troops
- Hauling weapons
- Aid in pushing carts, especially on the stuck ground
- Find the wounded soldiers in the Field. They would carry the soldier cap and take it to a nearby medic.
- Alert soldiers of any unknown danger
- Carry extra equipment on their back.
Currently, they are at no.14 of the most popular types in the US.
- They Are Good Performers
In the popular Westminster show, the type has won the championship four times. They are excellent listeners and obedient too. Not to mention that they love a little play. It has appeared in several Hollywood films. In film roles, the canine can even make up to $400 a day.
To get it to act, you need to make it as comfortable as possible. Do away with the leash for some time and then build a bond with it. You may offer it treats with every acting move it makes. Soon, your cameo will be ready. See this link to read more https://metro.co.uk/2017/07/18/the-16-things-you-know-if-you-own-a-boxer-dog-6743226/
- They are very Flexible
Canine agility is when your furry friend meets an obstacle and gets creative to overcome it. Each type has a unique level of agility and flexibility. You may subject it to an agility test to determine its briskness.
The test will include about 14-20 obstacles such as tunnels, weave poles, and tire jumps. Agility will be determined by how fast it overcomes the set hindrances.
Well, a boxer breed is one of the most flexible types. You, however, need to subject it to training before the tests. They are intelligent animals and may think on their own.
For effective training,
- Ensure to exercise before you commence training
- You ought to reward it for successful responses
- Try to motivate, if you feel it has down spirits
- Study your canine’s wants.
They are Warm Animals
They are emotional animals. If it stays with an owner for some time, it may get attached. You may notice that it tends to keep eye contact with the possessor.
It may feel lonely when you are not home and get a relaxed insight of your presence. Some of them will even carry your show in the mouth for you.
They may need plenty of attention. However, they are super affectionate. However, do not forget to train as it may get stubborn in the long run.
They provide good Service.
The canine is very aggressive. Just like in the old times, they have an instinct to attack any enemy. With the proper schooling, you may use it to alert any epileptic individuals. It will bark at the sight of the seizure.
A boxer type is also a good guard dog. It will protect your house against any burglary. You however have to properly maintain it to enjoy its full potential. A puppy should get fed puppy food about 3-4 times in a single day.
Depending on its appetite, the food quantity may vary.
Researchers state that it should get fed per its weight. For instance, a 10 to 25 Pound dog should get one to two cups of nourishment a day. Click here to read more.
Other maintenance tips include.
- Grooming- You should rub its coat at least once or twice a week. Use a rubber curry brush for effective results.
- Water- Make sure you feed it clean water regularly. Place a large bowl filled with water near its meals and change it as many times as possible. Watch it regularly to ensure your canine does not get thirsty.
- Regular Check-ups-Ensure that the canine is up to date with its vaccination. Take it to the veterinarian as often as possible. Be on the lookout for any irregularity in its behavior.
- Brush its teeth- It will protect it from gum infections.
Before you opt for one, you should first consult a veterinarian. Keep in mind that it needs its own space in your home, so build a kennel first. When it comes to feeding, make a schedule that you will keep track of its nourishment. On Average, it may cost you up to $900 to about $3000 to own one. There might be other maintenance costs. Although, you can limit your budget.